• de Souza e Silva, A. (forthcoming). Mobile Narratives: Reading and writing urban space with location-based technologies. In N. K. Hayles, & Pressman, J (Eds.). Comparative textual media: Interplays between making and critique.
• de Souza e Silva, A., & Frith, J. (forthcoming). Re-narrating the city through the presentation of location. In J. Farman (Ed.). Mobile interface theory: Embodied space and locative media. New York: Routledge.
• de Souza e Silva, A., & Gordon, E. (forthcoming). Net Localities: Beyond networks and mobilities. In P. Adey, D. Bissell, K. Hannam, P. Merriman & M. Sheller (Eds.). Handbook of mobilities. New York: Routledge.
• de Souza e Silva, A., & Frith, J. (forthcoming). Location-based mobile games: Interfaces to urban spaces. In V. Frissen, S. Lammes, M. De Lange, J. De Mul, & J. Raessens. Homo Ludens 2.0.: Media, Play and Identity. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press.
Recent publications and news
• Shklovski, I., & de Souza e Silva, A. (2012). An Urban Encounter: Realizing Online Connectedness Through Local Urban Play. Information, Communication and Society. doi: 10.1080/1369118X.2012.756049
• de Souza e Silva, A. (2013). Location-aware mobile technologies: Historical, social, and spatial approaches. Mobile Media and Communication, 1 (1), 116-121. DOi: 10.1177/2050157912459492